Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Missing You

“Tomorrow” did come, but the same situation happened again. We were told not to go! I tried to convince our translator, Olga, that we could just say hi to the boys and leave. However, she thought we should comply and forget about the visit. “It’s not a tragedy, Maggie, only a few days.” (We would be away for the weekend.) Olga said. “Well, it could be a tragedy to Sasha.” I answered.

On the way back to Kherson yesterday, Kim called Olga to see whether we could visit the boys in the late afternoon. We were so happy that she later told us that yes, we could go see the boys.

Sasha came to see us first. He was grinning. “Are you happy to see us?” I asked. “Da!” said, Shasha. “ I had stood by the window to see whether you would come. One day, I cried and a care taker told me you went to prepare documents.” “Do you know why we needed to prepare documents?” I asked. “So that you can take us home,” Sasha said.

Oleg came to join us. He was a bit shy to see us, but nevertheless was happy. “Did you miss us?” Oleg nodded. “So did we! While we were away I found something for you both.” I took out two Spiderman masks. The boys were overjoyed! They put on the masks and played Spiderman.

We played with the boys some. When it was almost 6 pm we told Sasha that it was time for them to go back to their group. “So soon! I don’t want to go back to my group.” We gave them another 10 minutes, then said the same thing. They did not want to go. Finally Olga told them that it was getting dark outside and she didn’t like being in the dark. Sasha checked the window and found it was dark outside, indeed. “OK, you go!”

It was so encouraging to see the boys bonding with us and anxious to go home with us. We are excited that, we hope, the formalities will soon be completed for this.

“Yes, we are going home, Sasha and Oleg! We will be home,” with a thankful heart, I prayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment